When the directors of the Bardavon Opera House in Poughkeepsie, NY, needed to print, fabricate and install a series of historical and informational displays for the public areas of the theater, they came to us. The Bardavon Opera House is on the national register of historic places as the oldest continuously operated theater in New York State. The conceptual design and planning of the displays was developed by Carla Rozman of Carla Rozman Graphic Design.
Rich with images from the past, the displays take the visitor on a visual journey through the history of the theater. It is engagingly presented by highlighting the Bardavon’s original beginnings as Collingwood Opera House, through its transformation into a movie palace in the 1920’s, the near demolition in 1976, and onward to the present day with informational panels about performers like the Hudson Valley Philharmonic, Bardavon membership, capital campaign donors and ongoing fundraising projects.
All of the displays were fabricated using full color solvent-based print technology, laminated using a durable low-glare protective surface and mounted to ½” thick Sintra Composite panels for long-term durability.
Click Here to visit our project portfolio page for more images.
Nathan Littauer Hospital
Donor Recognition and Historical Display
When Nathan Littauer Hospital in Gloversville, New York began their Capital Campaign in 2007, they contacted Timely Signs to help with planning a recognition panel to acknowledge donors. After a site visit, we found that this organization had a rich and interesting history dating back to 1894.
In their main lobby were statues of their founders Nathan and Lucious Littauer, but the way they were presented left much to be desired. Since the main lobby was where the planned recognition panel was to reside, we naturally felt that presenting the capital campaign in the context of the history of the hospital would be both fitting and visually compelling.
We took our cue from the existing oak pedestals for the statues and created a design using oak trim and backer panels. We suggested suitable paint colors and provided instructions to the hospital facilities department who handled the wallpaper removal and painting which helped reduce cost. The recessed wall areas where the statues rest were painted an accent color to highlight their importance. Etched stainless plaques were installed on the oak bases with the founders’ names as well as decorative lettering on the wall. Between the two sculptures is a panel that outlines the story surrounding the formation of the hospital. To the right is a collage of historical images and to the left is the capital campaign donor panel. Along the bottom of the display is a timeline of key events in the hospital’s history that ties the entire wall together.
Sue Kiernan, Vice President of Development
Nathan Littauer Hospital and Nursing Home
See Below for Additional Photos or visit our Portfolio page.